Easy Hearty Turkey Soup
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 cups of 50% less sodium beef broth
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 14.5oz diced tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach (optional)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- (optional) 1-2 green chopped green onions
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- On medium heat, sauté the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add the celery and carrots. Sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Add and sauté ground turkey until browned.
- Add beef broth, diced tomatoes, basil, parsley, and garlic powder. Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer for 30-45 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and add the spinach and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with the green onions
*You can use other types of meat based on your preference
*Feel free to add any other vegetables. I’ve previously made it with mushrooms and green peppers
*If you don’t have beef broth, you can use chicken, vegetable broth, or bouillon cubes